Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Whitley, Michael T." <Mi...@MCI.Com> on 2004/07/12 16:52:22 UTC

WSDL namespace prefix reordering?

Hi there. Does anyone know when/why AXIS will choose to reorder namespaces
upon deployment?

I have noticed that sometimes, when no code has changed, all the namespace
prefixes will reorder themselves even though I have specified namespace
ordering in the deployment file. For example:

WSDD Snip:

<beanMapping languageSpecificType="java:my.pkg.Test" qname="ns13:Test"
xmlns:ns13="urn:TestService"/>
<beanMapping languageSpecificType="java:wcom. my.pkg.Other"
qname="ns14:Other" xmlns:ns14="urn:OtherService"/>

One day will be the following in the WSDL:

<wsdl:definitions
targetNamespace="http://hostname.com:8101/context/services/Test"
    xmlns:tns9="urn:TestService"
    xmlns:tns11="urn:OtherService">

And a few days later:

<wsdl:definitions
targetNamespace="http://hostname.com:8101/context/services/Test"
    xmlns:tns3="urn:TestService"
    xmlns:tns26="urn:OtherService">

Any ideas if this is this normal behavior?

Michael Whitley