Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@progress.com> on 2008/10/22 18:39:23 UTC

CXF WebServiceContext question

Hi guys,

I have access to a javax.xml.ws.WebServiceContext object in an endpoint
implementation. I have an "out" interceptor that does some processing on
the outbound message. I need to pass some information through to the
interceptor somehow from the endpoint implementation. At the moment I'm
just getting a reference to the interceptor using:

org.apache.cxf.Bus.getOutInterceptors()

and setting some information directly on it, after the appropriate
casting.

Instead I want to set some information possibly using
WebServiceContext.getMessageContext().put(...). How can I get access to
this via org.apache.cxf.message.Message in the interceptor, or what's
the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Colm.

Re: CXF WebServiceContext question

Posted by Ian Roberts <i....@dcs.shef.ac.uk>.
Colm O hEigeartaigh wrote:
> Instead I want to set some information possibly using
> WebServiceContext.getMessageContext().put(...). How can I get access to
> this via org.apache.cxf.message.Message in the interceptor, or what's
> the best way to do this?

I *think* you can just call get() on the Message with the same key you
put() into the WSC message context.

Ian

--
Ian Roberts               | Department of Computer Science
i.roberts@dcs.shef.ac.uk  | University of Sheffield, UK

RE: CXF WebServiceContext question

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@progress.com>.
Thanks guys, I can confirm that

WebServiceContext.getMessageContext().put(...)

can be retrieved in the out interceptor with

Message.getExchange().getInMessage().get(...)

Colm.

Anything you "put" on the WebServiceContext should be retrievable
directly as
it in an out interceptor, although it's probably set on the "in"
message.
Thus, message.getExchange().getInMessage().get("myKey");

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: CXF WebServiceContext question

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: CXF WebServiceContext question

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK WebServiceContext is the medium used by JAX-WS Handlers to get
information to the SEI implementation, so I would look at the interceptors
which implement JAX-WS handlers for a clue.  Or, wait until Dan K or someone
else can answer your question more substantively.

If interceptors can't help you, you may be able to use JAX-WS handlers to
accomplish what you're trying to do otherwise.

HTH,
Glen