Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Barbara Post <ba...@achatpublic.com> on 2003/11/28 09:05:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Cannot load built-in modules

Hi,

I compiled Apache 1.3.29 with mod_ssl and mod_perl on FreeBSD 5.1 with
GNU make.

First, I configured mod_ssl, configured and compiled mod_perl correctly,
following the installation instructions.

My apache httpd's ./configure looks like :

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=unique_id
--enable-module=rewrite --enable-module=speling --enable-module=expires
--enable-module=info --enable-module=log_agent
--enable-module=log_referer --enable-module=usertrack
--enable-module=proxy --enable-module=userdir --enable-module=so
--enable-module=ssl--enable-shared=ssl
--activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a --enable-module=perl

When I start apache I get :

Syntax error on line 215 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot add module via name 'mod_env.c': not in list of loaded modules
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Excerpt of httpd.conf :

<IfDefine SSL>
LoadModule ssl_module         libexec/libssl.so
</IfDefine>

#  Reconstruction of the complete module list from all available modules
#  (static and shared ones) to achieve correct module execution order.
#  [WHENEVER YOU CHANGE THE LOADMODULE SECTION ABOVE UPDATE THIS, TOO]
ClearModuleList
AddModule mod_env.c
AddModule mod_log_config.c
AddModule mod_log_agent.c
AddModule mod_log_referer.c
AddModule mod_mime.c
AddModule mod_negotiation.c
AddModule mod_status.c
AddModule mod_info.c
AddModule mod_include.c
AddModule mod_autoindex.c

As you can see, most of them don't lead to .so output. Would it be
better to compile them all as shared modules ? (Would every module work
when compiled as a shared one ?)

(I also guess I have forgotten to include some standard modules
(mod_define or so)?)

Thanks for your help. Prior to that I used apache+mod_ssl binary package
for freeBSD 5.1 but full startup failed with complains against
mod_define.so (whether it was "garbled").

Barbara Post