Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/22 09:11:03 UTC

Slack digest for #dev - 2020-05-22

2020-05-21 09:16:46 UTC - Vladimir Shchur: Hi! I'm working on sequenceId support, noticed the following acknowledge response from the server for non-batched messages
HighestSequenceId is passed from server as -1 while <https://github.com/apache/pulsar/blob/master/pulsar-common/src/main/proto/PulsarApi.proto#L137|proto schema defines it uint64>, it it a bug or intentional behavior? I expected it to be null rather than -1
----
2020-05-21 14:06:13 UTC - Vladimir Shchur: Another question is about <https://github.com/apache/pulsar/blob/branch-2.5/pulsar-client/src/main/java/org/apache/pulsar/client/impl/PartitionedProducerImpl.java#L118-L122|getLastSequenceId for partitioned Producer>, it suggests that single id generator exists across all partitions for the same producer, but I don't see it's implemented. What I see is that each producer for each partition has it's own sequence id generator which is independent on others. How it is supposed to work?
----