Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2016/04/03 21:40:12 UTC

Display issue with the new JMeter logo in SVG format on docs pages

Hello,

The new JMeter logo on the docs pages (site and printable) use the SVG
format. That is great for a better display on HiDPI screen.

But I just saw that the SVG JMeter logo don't display on Edge browser
(windows 10) or Firefox (W10 too), on my firefox app in my phone...

Works fine on Firefox and Chrome on my Linux machine...

Have you the same issue? We need to back to PNG format?

Milamber

Re: Display issue with the new JMeter logo in SVG format on docs pages

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Am 6. April 2016 21:44:19 MESZ, schrieb Milamber <mi...@apache.org>:
>Hello,
>
>Yes that works fine if you check the docs files directly from your file
>
>system (file://docs/etc..) but not with http://.... (probably because
>the mime type is detect by the browser, not send by the web server)
>
>Ok I found the real issue, it's was the Content-type from my Apache
>HTTP
>server (version 2.2 from CentOS 5.11).
>
>The svg files are return with text/xml content type.
>
>I add this line in the configuration of httpd:
>
>|AddType image/svg+xml svg svgz AddEncoding gzip svgz And now that
>works,
>with Firefox and IE 11 on Windows 10 (but not on Edge...) |
>
>Reference: https://davidwalsh.name/serve-svg-image
>
>The good news is that the HTTP server for JMeter.apache.org is Apache
>2.4.7, I tests with a 2.4, and that works fine with all browsers
>(include Edge) on my laptop, win10 and mobile phone without the
>addition
>of AddType image/svg+xml
>
>So the svg image are very good to see with HiDPI, so I will change the
>ASF logo with the SVG version on the JMeter docs

Good to hear.

Felix

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello,