Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sri Sankaran <Sr...@sas.com> on 2008/03/18 16:50:13 UTC

Archetype using artifactId for package name

I would like to create an archetype of a Java project where the package name
of the Java files is predicated on the artifactId specified  when
"archetype:create" is invoked.

IOW, the archetype-resources directory needs to look something like this:

archetype-resources

 `--src

     `--main

        `--java

            `--com

                `--acme

                    `--${artifactId}

Needless to say, this does not work.  I have even tried ${packageName}.  The
attendant question is, how do I refer to these files in the archetype.xml
file?

Thanks

Sri