Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org> on 2008/09/10 20:32:26 UTC

Building Xalan-J in Eclipse

Hi Java developers,

Are there any instructions for building and running Xalan-J within
Eclipse?  Perhaps a pre-built .project file is available somewhere?

Thanks!

Dave

Re: Building Xalan-J in Eclipse

Posted by ke...@us.ibm.com.
The main trick to building Xalan in Eclipse is making sure that Eclipse
finds the copy you're trying to build rather than the outdated one
provided by the JVM. This can most easily be done by opening the
Preferences, going down to Installed JREs, duplicating the entry for your
preferred JRE, and removing xml.jar from the list of JRE System Libraries.
(I usually change the name to "NEUTERED JRE" so I recognize it.) Then make
sure that JRE is either selected as your system default, or as the JRE for
the eclipse projects.

Downside: This will probably take out Xerces too; you'll need to
explicitly add the Xerces jarfiles (or a project containing the Xerces
code) back into the classpath

(There are other ways to do it; this is just the one I'm used to.)

"... Three things see no end: A loop with exit code done wrong,
A semaphore untested, And the change that comes along. ..."
  -- "Threes" Rev 1.1 - Duane Elms / Leslie Fish (
http://www.ovff.org/pegasus/songs/threes-rev-11.html)