Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Anthony Vito <vi...@mnis.com> on 2004/05/07 16:06:58 UTC

Re: SQLDirectory implementation

Hello Lucene Users,
  I have release JDBCDirectory version 0.05. I have only ever used it
with MySQL and open source drivers. I would be interested in any
comments or suggestions. I will try to be as diligent as possible in my
be found at http://ppinew.mnis.com/jdbcdirectory .

Some issues that I just thought of that aren't mentioned...
1.) Pooling prepared statements on the connection is must for good
performance under the current code. ( see test code )
2.) The first search is always really slow as everything initializes and
the cache fills ;) so don't let that discourage you.

-vito

Posted by Anthony Vito <vi...@mnis.com>.

> >Has anyone had a chance to play with this?  How did it work?
>
> Still working on it.
>
> My database is FrontBase, which is heavily SQL92-compliant. I'm
> hacking my way through the (my)SQL that SQLDirectory uses, and am
> trying to bring it into compliance so that I can run the unit tests.
>
> Will report later.

If I can be of any assistance. Please, let me know. I am working on a
version that factors out the SQL with the ability to provide the field
types for some of the entries... it will still rely on the JDBC driver
supporting the getBytes methods for whatever field is choosen, and the
underlying DB not altering those bytes. All vaporware right now though.

-vito

Re: SQLDirectory implementation

Posted by Avi Drissman <av...@baseview.com>.
At 12:50 PM -0700 5/11/04, you wrote:

>Has anyone had a chance to play with this?  How did it work?

Still working on it.

My database is FrontBase, which is heavily SQL92-compliant. I'm
hacking my way through the (my)SQL that SQLDirectory uses, and am
trying to bring it into compliance so that I can run the unit tests.

Will report later.

Avi
--
Avi 'rlwimi' Drissman
avi@baseview.com

Re: SQLDirectory implementation

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephane James Vaucher <va...@cirano.qc.ca>.
I've added a reference to it on the wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LatestNews?action=show

If you want to modify the info there, go for it.

sv