Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Ry." <im...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/13 17:44:57 UTC

Interop with Weblogic Workshop Services?

I wish to use Apache Axis client to securely communicate with a
Weblogic service (school project).  I want to enable SSL + dig. sig,
XML encryption, and most likely some kind of WS-Security token.

I read at http://ws.apache.org/ws-fx/wss4j/ that WSS4J will be
"interoperable with JAX-RPC based server/clients and .NET
server/clients."  However, the Weblogic service I will be using is not
Jax-RPC but uses JSR-181 "Web Services Metadata for the Java
Platform."  It is possible to run Weblogic on Jax-RPC model but I
loose the handy metadata model (plus my work so far!)

Does this mean that I cannot use WSS4J and Axis for my project?

Thanks for your help and advice, I really appreciate it.
Ryan.

http://mail.yahoo.com