Posted to pubscribe-dev@ws.apache.org by Stefan Lischke <li...@novacom.net> on 2005/02/02 19:46:16 UTC

ws-fx/addressing Handler issue

hi guys,

yesterday we talked about the addressing handler:

-
<ips> stefan: SOAPConnection is a JAX-RPC class. you get it via a factory
<lischke> ok so no axis specific
<ips> so when running w/ Axis in the cp, what you actually get back is
an Axis impl of
  that class
<ips> then (i think), Axis will pass the message through any client
handlers that are
  configured
<ips> we need to verify this last point
-

I have tested that, and i came to the conclusion, that the addressing
handlers are not passed, cause i was not able to configure the axis
engine in any way. Without JAX-RPC interfaces i used:

        Service service = new Service(new
FileProvider("org/apache/ws/eventing/client-config.wsdd"));

That client-config.wsdd set up the addressing handler for incoming and
outgoing, but since i'm just using :

        SOAPConnectionFactory sconF= SOAPConnectionFactory.newInstance();
        SOAPConnection scon = sconF.createConnection();

I'm not able to configure the axis engine.......

So we have to reinvent ws-fx/addressing ;-(

any ideas?

Stefan

--
My place : http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~lischke

Re: ws-fx/addressing Handler issue

Posted by Ian Springer <ip...@apache.org>.

> yesterday we talked about the addressing handler:
>
> -
> <ips> stefan: SOAPConnection is a JAX-RPC class. you get it via a factory
> <lischke> ok so no axis specific
> <ips> so when running w/ Axis in the cp, what you actually get back is
> an Axis impl of
>  that class
> <ips> then (i think), Axis will pass the message through any client
> handlers that are
>  configured
> <ips> we need to verify this last point
> -
>
> I have tested that, and i came to the conclusion, that the addressing
> handlers are not passed, cause i was not able to configure the axis
> engine in any way. Without JAX-RPC interfaces i used:
>
>        Service service = new Service(new
> FileProvider("org/apache/ws/eventing/client-config.wsdd"));
>
> That client-config.wsdd set up the addressing handler for incoming and
> outgoing, but since i'm just using :
>
>        SOAPConnectionFactory sconF= SOAPConnectionFactory.newInstance();
>        SOAPConnection scon = sconF.createConnection();
>
> I'm not able to configure the axis engine.......
>

> So we have to reinvent ws-fx/addressing ;-(
>
> any ideas?

I already gave Stefan the below answer via IRC, but I'm posting it here
just for the records...

Even when you use SOAPConnection, it still ultimately passes through the
Axis client engine, but the engine gets created w/ default settings
under the hood.
However, you should be able to set the default config file location for
the engine as follows:

AxisProperties.setProperty(EngineConfigurationFactoryDefault.OPTION_CLIENT_CONFIG_FILE,
".../wse/client-config.wsdd" );

Or you can accept the default which is "client-config.wsdd" (ie - look
for the config file in the root package in the classpath).

Ian