Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Ol...@Sun.COM on 2006/04/07 18:17:24 UTC

Regression Test Failure! - TinderBox_Derby 392254 - Sun DBTG

[Auto-generated mail]

*TinderBox_Derby* 392254/2006-04-07 13:23:10 CEST
*derbyall*

Failed  Tests    OK  Skip  Duration       Platform
*Jvm: 1.5*
    2    650    648     0   244.42%     SunOS-5.10_i86pc-i386
  Details in      http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/TinderBox_Derby/Limited/testSummary-392254.html
  Attempted failure analysis in
                  http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Failures/TinderBox_Derby/392254.html

Changes in      http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/TinderBox_Derby/UpdateInfo/392254.txt

( All results in http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/index.html )

Re: Regression Test Failure! - TinderBox_Derby 392254 - Sun DBTG

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Kathey Marsden wrote:

>Ole.Solberg@Sun.COM wrote:

>think I will approach this by disabling checkDataSource and
>checkDataSource30 on jdk 1.5 until  this issue is resolved unless
>someone has seen issues on another jvm.

Oops, this won't work as it would disable the test for embedded too for
jdk 1.5
I have to do something a little fancier I guess.

Kathey

Re: Regression Test Failure! - TinderBox_Derby 392254 - Sun DBTG

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> I'm assuming these tests pass on JDK 1.6?  It is a little
> disconcerting that they hang, it would be nice to find out why.

I don't know about JDK 1.6.    Yes, I  looked at  the hang and
subsequent conglomerate not found error on rerun  for  some time but
haven't figured it all out.  I filed the issue as DERBY-1173.  I had
convinced myself that it was not a hang but just a long timeout, but
perhaps that is not the case either.  Anyway,  I banged my head against
the wall with this one for too long so just filed the issue and left it.

I enabled the tests because I wanted to get something running as soon as
possible, this is a valuable test that uncovered many issues and is a
good addition to the regression tests. Hopefully someone will work to
get it running with jdk 1.5

Kathey

Re: Regression Test Failure! - TinderBox_Derby 392254 - Sun DBTG

Posted by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
I'm assuming these tests pass on JDK 1.6?  It is a little disconcerting
that they hang, it would be nice to find out why.

David

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.