Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ri...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/02 15:27:49 UTC

Struts 1... any new types of Actions that have come along?

I'm back coding in Strut1.x after being away from it for a while
(since 1.1). What type of Action do most people prefer to use now and
days? I'm typically using MappingDispatchAction which I really like.
Other than the submit button of course, other buttons I end up adding
a little javascript that points to the url of the Mapping action that
I want. (I happen to prefer this over using the LookupDispatchAction
since I just don't like maintaining a Map in my Action and having to
maintain the button names always in the app resources and keeping
everything in sync - to me it's cleaner to just see one URL on a
button and I can easily look that up in my struts-config.)   I know
Michael J was working on some various button Actions ... have any of
them been developed further? I'm content with the
MappingDispatchAction just wondering if there was something in the
past couple years that I've missed that has come along (I don't see
anything that new in the API though.)

--
Rick