Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by An...@mro.com on 2006/09/15 22:12:39 UTC

[Axis2] getting the security principal for x509 authentication profile

Hi
I have gone through the ws02 article [http://www.wso2.net/kb/169] whcich
explains how to get a security principal for a UserNametoken scenario. Just
wondering would the same thing hold for x509 based authentication profile
too?
 If thats the case then I am assuming the service code can be
independenpent of the authentication profile the user configures for the
service - as I can allways use that api to get the security principal.To
the best of my knowledge this how a j2ee authentication will work and the
programmer uses only context.getPrincipal() to get the principal.
Can anyone pls let me know if that sample [http://www.wso2.net/kb/169] will
work for x509 too.
thanks
Anamitra