Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by yikes aroni <yi...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/02 21:37:38 UTC

classifier Dictionary question

When i use a classifier,- i apply my target variables to a Dictionary
object to get them as ints using intern(). I run my classification and test
referencing my Dictionary. Which is fine as long as my Dictionary object is
still in memory. However, later, i deserialize my model and want to use it,
but the Dictionary object that has my mappings from target variable --> int
is no longer in memory, so i can't interpret the vector that i get from
querying my model.

So my question is: how can I restore the Dictionary object? My work around
has been to get the dictionary values() when i create the model and write
them to disk when i write the model to disk so that i can grab them later.
But this seems clumsy, so I assume i'm missing something.

Can I serialize the dictionary somehow? Is it serialized with the model?
I've googled around and found nothing.

thanks