Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dennis Brundage <de...@gdit.com> on 2012/03/28 22:02:48 UTC

Luke using shards

Is there a way to get Solr/Luke to return the aggregated results across
shards? I tried setting the shards parameter
(http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/luke?shards=localhost:8983/solr,localhost:7574/solr)
but only got the results for localhost:8983. I am able to search across the
shards so my url's are correct.

Re: Luke using shards

Posted by jawaharsam <ja...@gmail.com>.
I have this method: http://localhost:8983/solr/core1/select?wt=csv
This gives all the field names found in the core.

But when I do a shards like this:
http://localhost:8983/solr/core1/select?wt=csv&shards=localhost:8983/solr/core1,localhost:8983/solr/core2,
I get no output. Have you any idea to get all the field names from all the
cores?

Re: Luke using shards

Posted by jawaharsam <ja...@gmail.com>.
So, is there any method other than Luke to get the index information of all
the cores?

Re: Luke using shards

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 5/11/2017 4:32 AM, jawaharsam wrote:
> Since it has been 5 years, is there any way to view the index information
> from all the cores of Solr?

Both the Luke program (separate from Solr) and the Luke support included
inside Solr can only operate on a single core (Lucene index).  These
tools are unaware of the higher-level abstractions that Solr brings to
the table -- shards, collections, etc.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Luke using shards

Posted by jawaharsam <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Luke using shards

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
> (http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/luke?shards=localhost:8983/solr,localhost:7574/solr)

If luke did distributed search, it would go into an infinite loop :)

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Luke using shards

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Luke using shards

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I very much doubt that you can persuade Luke to reach across shards. Shards
are really a higher-level notion, the automatic distribution of requests
across shards is really a Solr-level construct (making use of the lower-
level Lucene capabilities, to be sure). With Luke, you point
it at index files on disk, which have no awareness of the existence of
other shards.

At least I think.

Best
Erick