Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alex Kachanov <al...@intadev.com> on 2001/11/26 09:30:46 UTC

general note about Cocoon

I would rather tell that Cocoon2 is not user friendly,
especially concerning error messages

Just one valid change to sitemap.xmap can bring you
to mysterious

"java.lang.RuntimeException: No more DTM IDs are available"

with no clue to the cause of the problem

Even when you roll back your changes to sitemap.xmap and
delete everything cached in "work" folder, it still won't work

This is so disappointing....

with best wishes
Alexander Kachanov

RE: general note about Cocoon

Posted by Sharat Koya <sx...@Cs.Nott.AC.UK>.
I have had this problem before also. I found that if you wait a few
minutes and then try refreshing the page in your web browser it comes
out with a different error message or if you restart the server and
refresh the web browser. It is usually something to do with c2 not being
able to access a locked sitemap. I used XML spy once to read the
sitemap, and it locks the file without warning when open hence an error.
Hope that helps.

Sharat Koya

Posted by Luca Morandini <l....@tin.it>.
Alex,

	have your already taken a look at the log files ? There are plenty of
information there. These files are, by default, under:
$tomcat_home\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\logs

best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org