Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org> on 2018/10/15 19:11:08 UTC

HiveServer2 performance references?

Are there any resources on HiveServer2 performance - specifically binary vs
HTTP mode? I would also be interested in any information about enabling
compression between HiveServer2 and a client like beeline.

I was looking at HiveServer2 performance going through Knox in KNOX-1524
and found that HTTP mode is significantly slower. I searched and didn't
find any references to performance of HiveServer2 out of the box. I also
didn't see any information about reducing amount of data over the wire with
compression.

Any pointers would be very helpful. Thanks!

Kevin Risden

Re: Unsubscribe

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
Richard, to unsubscribe please send a message to
user-unsubscribe@hive.apache.org as described here:  Mailing Lists
<http://hive.apache.org/mailing_lists.html>.

Thanks.  -- Lefty

Unsubscribe