Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by "Martin, Ryan C" <ry...@intel.com> on 2017/10/17 15:46:28 UTC

Training perceptron model POS tagger

Is it still possible to train a perceptron POS tagger via the command line in v.1.8.1? Is training via the API the only option now?
The "-type" parameter was recently removed from the CLI.

I'm willing to trade a little accuracy when dealing with large data, given the performance of the perceptron (tagged words / ms) is a little  better.

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Training perceptron model POS tagger

Posted by William Colen <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes, the "-type" was removed because now the training parameters are
centralized in the parameters file. While using CLI, use the "-params"
argument to pass a property file like the examples included in the
"lang/ml" folder of the distribution, also available here:
https://github.com/apache/opennlp/tree/master/opennlp-tools/lang/ml

Regards
William