Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by chasee <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/26 22:42:33 UTC

xindice-1.1b1 installation

hello to all:

I downloaded xml-xindice-war-1.1b1.tar, untared it and copied it to the webapps of the tomcat server. however, don;t know how to use the commandline tool, becuase the bin dir did not come with the war file. The browser can correctly point to the xindice servlet and the db collection. did I install xindice under tomcat successfully? how can I use the commandline tool?

thanks and regards,
althea

command line exception: xindice1.1b

Posted by chasee <ch...@yahoo.com>.
Hi to all:

I built xindice1.1b2. (with tomcat 4.1.14)

but I cann't use the command. what is wrong with it? Has it been successful?

Please be kind to help

bash-2.03$ ./xindice lc -l -c /db
[INFO] DatabaseImpl - -No configuration file specified, going with the default configuration
[WARN] DatabaseImpl - -The database configuration file is not specified and there was no xindice.db.home property set, so Xindice was unable to determine a database location. Database will be created relative to the current directory.
[DEBUG] Collection - -[main] '/db' setConfig: Compressed, Inline metadata DISABLED
[INFO] Database - -Database points to /home/xxxxxx/yy/cvspublic/xml-xindice/bin/db
[DEBUG] Collection - -[main] '/db/system' setConfig: Root=</home/xxxxx/yy/cvspublic/xml-xindice/bin/db/system>
[DEBUG] Collection - -[main] '/db/system' setConfig: Compressed, Inline metadata DISABLED
[DEBUG] Collection - -[main] '/db/system/SysSymbols' setConfig: Root=</home/xxxxxx/yy/cvspublic/xml-xindice/bin/db/system/SysSymbols>
[DEBUG] Collection - -[main] '/db/system/SysSymbols' setConfig: Compressed, Inline metadata DISABLED
[DEBUG] Collection - -[main] '/db/system/SysSymbols' setConfig: Filer class=<org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeFiler>
[DEBUG] Collection - -[main] '/db/system/SysConfig' setConfig: Root=</home/xxxxxx/yy/cvspublic/xml-xindice/bin/db/system/SysConfig>
[DEBUG] Collection - -[main] '/db/system/SysConfig' setConfig: NOT Compressed, Inline metadata DISABLED
[DEBUG] Collection - -[main] '/db/system/SysSymbols' Get object: system_SysConfig
[DEBUG] Collection - -[main] '/db/system/SysSymbols' Get document: system_SysConfig
[DEBUG] BTreeFiler - -Record 'system_SysConfig' not found: org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeNotFoundException: Value 'system_SysConfig' doesn't exist
[INFO] Collection - -[main] '/db/system/SysSymbols' Set object system_SysConfig
[DEBUG] Collection - -[main] '/db/system/SysSymbols' Get document: system_SysConfig
[DEBUG] BTreeFiler - -Record 'system_SysConfig' not found: org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeNotFoundException: Value 'system_SysConfig' doesn't exist
[DEBUG] Collection - -[main] '/db/system/SysConfig' setConfig: Loaded symbols=<<symbols />>
[DEBUG] Collection - -[main] '/db/system/SysConfig' setConfig: Filer class=<org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeFiler>
[DEBUG] Collection - -[main] '/db/system/SysConfig' Get document: database.xml
[DEBUG] BTreeFiler - -Record 'database.xml' not found: org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeNotFoundException: Value 'database.xml' doesn't exist
Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider not founde.xindice.xml.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.core.Database.setConfig(Database.java:362)
        at org.apache.xindice.core.Database.getDatabase(Database.java:130)
        at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.embed.DatabaseImpl.<init>(DatabaseImpl.java:120)
        at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.createDriver(DatabaseImpl.java:217)
        at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:158)
        at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(Unknown Source)
        at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.command.ListCollections.execute(ListCollections.java:102)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.execute(XMLTools.java:336)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.process(XMLTools.java:213)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.main(XMLTools.java:124)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

bash-2.03$ ./xindice ac -c /db -n test
[DEBUG] DatabaseImpl - -Using SAX Driver: 'xerces'
[DEBUG] DatabaseImpl - -Using Service Location: '/xindice/'
[DEBUG] CollectionImpl - -Using URL: 'http://127.0.0.1:8888/xindice/'
XMLDB Exception with code 0

Re: SV: xindice-1.1b1 installation

Posted by Barzilai Spinak <ba...@internet.com.uy>.
A couple of months ago I wrote this:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?HowToXindice1o1bCocoon2

You can ignore the Cocoon part if you want. It may help you building Xindice.

BarZ

  Internet en Uruguay es http://www.internet.com.uy

Re: SV: xindice-1.1b1 installation

Posted by chasee <ch...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, Henrik.

our solaris does not seem to have cvs ...
I just tried out xml-xindice-jar-1.1b1. it gets me mroe stuff.

Is xindice.jar in the one built by you? Is it required to have xindice work? I did not see it in xindicehome/java/lib of my pre-built one...

althea

Henrik Mohr <he...@webdata.dk> wrote:

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
I there Althea,

My experience is, that you need to fetch the newest files from the cvs repository, and build Xindice yourself.

This way you�ll get all folders, including the �conf� folder, which currently is not a part of the source distribution (not the last time I looked anyways)..

I can�t get the command line to work, not even when I build Xindice myself.. But I can connect to the database through XML-RPC, and that sure is the most important thing for me ;-)

Hope that helps.

Regards,

/Henrik

[...]

  _____