Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by pcurila <pc...@eea.sk> on 2009/12/17 12:52:03 UTC

shards parameter

Hello, is there any way to configure shards parameter in solrconfig.xml? So I
do not need provide it in the url. Thanks Peter

Re: shards parameter

Posted by pcurila <pc...@eea.sk>.
My goal is to hide configuration from client application. So when I
distribute index, application does not know this.
I added new search handler and it works fine. Thanks to everybody

Re: shards parameter

Posted by Jacob Elder <je...@locamoda.com>.
If the goal is to save time when using the admin interface, you can just add
this to conf/admin-extra.html:

<script src="http://www.google.com/jsapi"></script>
<script>
    google.load("prototype", "1.6");
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    Event.observe(
        window,
        'load',
        function() {
            elements = document.getElementsByName('queryForm')
            elements[0].insert("<input name=\"shards\"
value=\"shard01,shard02\">")
        });
</script>

You will get an editable field with sensible defaults under the query box.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>wrote:

> You're setting up an infinite loop by adding a shards parameter on the
> default search handler.
> Create a new search handler and put your default under that.
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com
>

> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 7:47 AM, pcurila <pc...@eea.sk> wrote:
> >
> > I tried it out. But there is another issue I can not cope with.
> > I have two shards:
> > localhost:8983/solr
> > localhost:8984/solr
> >
> > If I write this into the defaults section
> > <str name="shards">localhost:8983/solr,localhost:8984/solr</str>
> > and than I issue a query on localhost:8983, solr do not respond.
> >
> > If I write this
> > <str name="shards">localhost:8984/solr</str>
> > it works but there is just half of the index.
> >

> > Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्-2 wrote:
> >>
> >> yes.
> >> put it under the "defaults" section in your standard requesthandler.

> solrconfig.xml?
> >>>

> >> --

Jacob Elder

Re: shards parameter