Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Old, Curtis" <Cu...@neustar.biz> on 2013/09/19 15:50:52 UTC

What about adding Linux Containers to Cloudstack

Have been looking in to containers as an alternative to KVM/Xen virtual machines, has anyone thought about adding support to manage hosts running OpenVZ or LXC via CloudStack?

Curtis Old

Re: What about adding Linux Containers to Cloudstack

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 19, 2013, at 4:02 PM, "Old, Curtis" <Cu...@neustar.biz> wrote:

> Cool, I am about to setup a new Cloudstack environment in my other lab,
> I'll look into it, Thanks!!!

I can't check the links (bad internet) but see:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LXC+Support+in+Cloudstack

and

http://tech.gilt.com/post/41713823209/adding-lxc-support-to-cloudstack

Posted by "Old, Curtis" <Cu...@neustar.biz>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Old, Curtis" <Cu...@neustar.biz>.
I have Docker and OpenVZ setup in my lab, been focusing on OpenVZ right
now, will look into docker soon.  I see ways to integrate with Jenkins,
puppet|chef for a Continuous Deployment env.  Standing up containers using
the UI via Cloudstack would be a great tool for my users/team having only
a single interface to provide the resources they need.  Cloudstack has
KVM, Xen, VMware, OVM, and Bare Metal clusters, lets get a Container
cluster ;-)

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Dean Kamali <de...@gmail.com>.
currently not supported