Posted to user@roller.apache.org by "(David) Ming Xia" <da...@ibol.biz> on 2009/06/11 17:05:56 UTC

Problem in switching to HTTPS channel

Hi, Everyone.

  I could not set up switching to HTTPS channel for login.   I added couple of line into security.xml as illustrated in the following sample code.  I started the application and tried to login at https://localhost:9443/blog/roller-ui/login.rol.  The login page was not load up.

  I would appreciate if some one could give some advices.  Do I need to something in addition to change security.xml?

Thank you for your help.

David

<!-- ===================== SSL SWITCHING ==================== -->
<bean id="channelProcessingFilter" class="org.acegisecurity.securechannel.ChannelProcessingFilter">
<property name="channelDecisionManager" ref="channelDecisionManager"/>
<property name="filterInvocationDefinitionSource">
<value>
CONVERT_URL_TO_LOWERCASE_BEFORE_COMPARISON
PATTERN_TYPE_APACHE_ANT
/roller_j_security_check=REQUIRES_SECURE_CHANNEL
/roller-ui/login.rol=REQUIRES_SECURE_CHANNEL
/roller-ui/login-redirect.rol=REQUIRES_SECURE_CHANNEL
/**=REQUIRES_INSECURE_CHANNEL
</value>
</property>
</bean>
<bean id="channelDecisionManager" class="org.acegisecurity.securechannel.ChannelDecisionManagerImpl">
<property name="channelProcessors">
<list>
<bean class="org.acegisecurity.securechannel.SecureChannelProcessor"/>
<bean class="org.acegisecurity.securechannel.InsecureChannelProcessor"/>
</list>
</property>
</bean>

Re: Problem in switching to HTTPS channel

Posted by Gr...@ricoh.co.uk.
Hello,

What you could try and do is add "securelogin.https.port=9443"  (as it
looks like you are using a non standard port) to either the
roller.properties or your custom roller-custom.properties file.

Make sure also that the https is switched on also via the
roller.properties schemeenforcement.enabled=true and
securelogin.enabled=true properties.

Cheers Greg

"(David) Ming Xia" <da...@ibol.biz>
11/06/2009 16:06
Please respond to
dev@roller.apache.org

Apache Roller Developer <de...@roller.apache.org>
cc

Subject
[...]

Share our environment commitment - conserve resources and contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions by not printing the email unless absolutely necessary to do so.

Any opinions expressed are those of the author, not Ricoh UK Ltd. This communication does not constitute either offer or acceptance of any contractually binding agreement. Such offer or acceptance must be communicated in writing. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure this email and attachments are free from computer viruses before use and the sender accepts no responsibility or liability for any such computer viruses.

Ricoh UK Ltd. may monitor the content of emails sent and received via its network for the purpose of ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures. This communication contains information, which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email with a copy to  postmaster@ricoh.co.uk . Please contact us on +44 (0) 208 261 4000 if you need assistance.

Registered in England No: 473236
VAT No: GB524161280