Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Scott Carr <sc...@progbits.com> on 2007/07/11 16:30:21 UTC

Pre-Configuration Counter Node

I am trying to create a task with a counter.  A friend I am trying to
show how to use jMeter, tried it first, and I tried it on a different
system.  Both are WinXP, with Java 1.6 and jMeter 2.2.

I have setup the counter as follows:

*  Add Contact  - Loop Controller
    - Load Contacts Page
    - Load Contact Edit Form
    - Save Contact Information (This uses ${ContactCounter})
    - Load Contact Edit Form
    - Click Add Phone Number
    - ContactCount  (Reference Name:  ContactCounter)

When the Save Contact is done, the Name is set to Bond1 which is using
the Counter as Bond${ContactCounter}.  If I set the Loop to 10, each
occurance of the Save Contact request has the same number in each loop.

Does anyone have an idea on this?  Am I using the Counter wrong?  It
looks like it gets initialized to 1 properly, but it doesn't loop at all.

The Counter node is set as follows:

Name:  ContactCount
Start:  1
Increment:  1
Maximum:
Number format:
Reference Name:  ContactCounter
Track counter is not checked.

Thank you

--
Scott Carr
OpenOffice.org

Re: Pre-Configuration Counter Node

Posted by Scott Carr <sc...@progbits.com>.
Hugh Hunter wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 09:30 -0500, Scott Carr wrote:
>
>> I am trying to create a task with a counter.  A friend I am trying to
>> show how to use jMeter, tried it first, and I tried it on a different
>> system.  Both are WinXP, with Java 1.6 and jMeter 2.2.
>>
>> I have setup the counter as follows:
>>
>> *  Add Contact  - Loop Controller
>>     - Load Contacts Page
>>     - Load Contact Edit Form
>>     - Save Contact Information (This uses ${ContactCounter})
>>     - Load Contact Edit Form
>>     - Click Add Phone Number
>>     - ContactCount  (Reference Name:  ContactCounter)
>>
>> When the Save Contact is done, the Name is set to Bond1 which is using
>> the Counter as Bond${ContactCounter}.  If I set the Loop to 10, each
>> occurance of the Save Contact request has the same number in each loop.
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea on this?  Am I using the Counter wrong?  It
>> looks like it gets initialized to 1 properly, but it doesn't loop at all.
>>
>> The Counter node is set as follows:
>>
>> Name:  ContactCount
>> Start:  1
>> Increment:  1
>> Maximum:
>> Number format:
>> Reference Name:  ContactCounter
>> Track counter is not checked.
>>
>> Thank you
>>

> I know the counter increments properly for each iteration through a
> thread group.  Maybe do your looping this way instead of using the loop
> controller?
>
> --Hugh

Thanks for the response.  Do I have to specifically put the counter on
the Thread Group node?  I tried incrementing the Users in Thread Group
as well, and still got only the first number, but the counter was still
under the Loop Controller, with the Loop controller set to 1.

Posted by rahulpage <ra...@gmail.com>.

Hi,

Maximum number of threads that you can specify in the threadgroup depends
upon various factors ..like data size of the application as well as response
time ..

You can set approximately 500 threads for 20 KB data size and form moderate
response time like 1 sec....
for proper throughput. It goes beyond this also but then throughput
decreases.

Posted by rahulpage <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Maximum number of threads that you can specify in the threadgroup depends
upon various factors ..like data size of the application as well as response
time ..

You can set approximately 500 threads for 20 KB data size and for moderate
response time like 1 sec....
for proper throughput. It goes beyond this also but then throughput
decreases.

Mathumathi Palani Bommu, EAS-Chennai wrote:

> Hi
> I m new to jmeter tool.. i need to know the maximum threads that can be
> set in the thread group..
>
> DISCLAIMER:

> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect
> the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> modification, distribution and / or publication of
> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this
> e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
> immediately. Before opening any mail and

RE: Pre-Configuration Counter Node

Posted by Vi...@cognizant.com.
I think there is no limit on the max threads. Please see that the no of threads don't exceed the maximum load that your server can offer.

Thanks,
Vijay Nandam

I m new to jmeter tool.. i need to know the maximum threads that can be
set in the thread group..

DISCLAIMER:

RE: Pre-Configuration Counter Node

Posted by Vi...@cognizant.com.
No, Jmeter is just a tool to record your application's load performance. Max limit depends on your application/web server.

Thanks,
Vijay Nandam

Thanks.. will jmeter determine the maximum limit of server ..

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12/07/07, naveen sharma <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi ;
>  Max thread Limitation of Jmeter also depand on yorr machine like RAM and virtual Memory  other then application/web server capacity.
>  for example if you have 2GB RAM and around 7000KB VM. then it maximum can handle 100 threads at a time.

That very much depends on the test plan. More than 100 threads may
well be possible.

See 16.6 in:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/best-practices.html

Re: Java Request

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
But please note that the tutorials relate to a very old version of
JMeter, so may not be relevant.

There's more uptodate stuff on the JMeter web-site and the Wiki.

Re: Java Request

Posted by naveen sharma <ma...@yahoo.com>.
you can tutorials at http://www.jajakarta.org/jmeter/1.5.1/en/how_to_use_jmeter.html

  --Naveen

"Mathumathi Palani Bommu, EAS-Chennai" <ma...@hcl.in> wrote:

Hi

M new to jmeter..
Can any one tell wat this java request sampler work.. and wat is the
usage of this sampler

DISCLAIMER:

---------------------------------
Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

Java Request

Posted by "Mathumathi Palani Bommu, EAS-Chennai" <ma...@hcl.in>.
thanks

Posted by "Mathumathi Palani Bommu, EAS-Chennai" <ma...@hcl.in>.
Hi
I m new to jmeter tool.. i need to know the maximum threads that can be
set in the thread group..

DISCLAIMER:

Posted by su...@accenture.com.
Hello All,

Some of the responses for the requests I am testing on Jmeter shows 0
bytes received. The rest of the responses are good.

I am doing Http requests test.

Thanks,
Suraj

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.