Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de> on 2000/09/21 14:48:13 UTC

Installation problem with Tomcat

Hello,

I've installed Tomcat3.1 and verified that it works via the
SnoopServlet.

Then I've followed the installation instructions for soap2.0 and tomcat.
Here's what I did:

- added xerces.jar (version1.1.2) to the beginning of the classpath
(this works according to Tomcat's startup messages and log entries)

- put soap.jar into $TOMCAT_HOME/lib (soap.jar is loaded as well
according to Tomcat's startup messages and log entries)

- created directories:
  $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/soap
  $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/soap/WEB-INF
  $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/soap/WEB-INF/classes

- put a web.xml with a dummy entry into
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/soap/WEB-INF (this is read, too, according to
tomcat's log)

- put the SnoopServlet.class into
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/soap/WEB-INF/classes (just for verifying that
soap's path can be found, and, yes the SnoopServlet in the soap
directory works)

- put this in server.xml:

<Context path="/soap" docBase="webapps/soap" debug="1"
reloadable="true">
</Context>

According to the installation docs, if I now call
http://localhost:8080/soap the soap admin tool should show up. Instead I
get the directory listing for $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/soap from Tomcat. If
I access http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter I get a
"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: rpcrouter" in tomcat's logfile.

So, what did I do wrong? soap.jar is definitely in the classpath.

Thank you very much for any pointers,

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring