Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ariel Isaac Romero Cartaya <is...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/02 02:57:08 UTC

Why maven 2.0.4 do not work ???

Hi every body:

   I want to use maven 2.0.4 with andromda, I was trying to do the tutorial
in
http://galaxy.andromda.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=105&Itemid=89but
when I'm going to configure maven I get some errors, I'm working on
windows XP.
 I followed step by step the tutorial, I configured all the enviroment
variables(java_home, M2_HOME, M2_REPO and path), as I am behind a proxy, I
configured the proxy settings in the "settings.xml" file, I put this:
  <offline>false</offline>
    <proxy>
      <id>optional</id>
      <active>true</active>
      <protocol>http</protocol>
      <username>HereIputMyUser</username>
      <password>HeremyPassword</password>
      <host>172.16.22.29</host>
      <port>3128</port>
      <nonProxyHosts>127.0.0.1</nonProxyHosts>
    </proxy>

but when I run this comand:"mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=testapp
-DartifactId=testapp"   I get this error:
 [INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.apache.maven.plugins' could not be
retri
eved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not
exi
st or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 2 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Feb 01 20:51:19 GMT-05:00 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]

But incredibly I deleted the settings.xml file from the location C:\program
files\Apache Software Foundation\maven-2.0.4\conf and I got the same error.
Why Does it happen this ??? Is it not supposed that if there is not the
configuration file maven display an error like "missing configuration file"
???
How Can I fix this problem ???

Please I need help.
I hop you can help me.
greetings

Re: Why maven 2.0.4 do not work ???

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
settings.xml file is not required, thus there will be no "missing
config file" etc if the file does not exist.

You must have something incorrectly defined in your proxy config
inside settings.xml file, or else the downloads would be successful.

Wayne

Re: Why maven 2.0.4 do not work ???

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

You may want to try

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=testapp -DartifactId=testapp
--check-plugin-updates ( see mvn --help for more info ).

Cheers,
Franz

Re: Why maven 2.0.4 do not work ???

Posted by "Manuel J. Recena Soto" <re...@eii.us.es>.
Hi Ariel:

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 20:57:08 -0500, Ariel Isaac Romero Cartaya wrote
> Hi every body:
>
>    I want to use maven 2.0.4 with andromda, I was trying to do the tutorial
> in
> http://galaxy.andromda.org/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=105&Itemid=89but
> when I'm going to configure maven I get some errors, I'm working on
> windows XP.
>  I followed step by step the tutorial, I configured all the
> enviroment variables(java_home, M2_HOME, M2_REPO and path), as I am
> behind a proxy, I configured the proxy settings in the
>       <id>optional</id>
>       <active>true</active>
>       <protocol>http</protocol>
>       <username>HereIputMyUser</username>
>       <password>HeremyPassword</password>
>       <host>172.16.22.29</host>
>       <port>3128</port>
>       <nonProxyHosts>127.0.0.1</nonProxyHosts>
>     </proxy>

Could you send me your setting.xml file?
When I made first time "mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=testapp -
DartifactId=testapp" I forgot remove the comments "<!--" :)

Regards.

--
Manuel J. Recena Soto
* www.manuelrecena.com[/blog]

Re: [m2] Why maven 2.0.4 do not work ???

Posted by MikeH <ho...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure if you fixed this or not, but I was having the same problem and
I fixed it by deleting the contents of my ".m2" directory and re-running the
command.

Hope this helps!
Mike H.