Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/12/27 08:06:33 UTC

Application programming on CS

Hi All,
 Could somebody inform about books/reading material on how to write application programs, using the cloudstack infra.
 I am planning to do  java and php applications using cs infra, on linux vm's. Then later on, to do some .net programming on windows vm's.
Any reference on how to do the application design and implementation, for the cloud (private/public), with some practical examples?

Thanks & Regards,D.Giriprasad

Re: Application programming on CS

Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Is there something like the following for cloudstack application programming.I am interested in creating applications like banking, insurance etc running on top of cloudstack vm's.

https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/web/oracle-cloud.html

http://www.javacodegeeks.com/2012/01/openshift-express-deploy-java-ee.html#

________________________________
      From: Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>

      From: Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>

Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.
sorry, sent too fast...

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.
sorry, sent too fast...

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Douglas Land <ds...@looprock.com>.
I think rather than focusing on any particular technology you might do well
to focus on learning about distributed architectures then applying those
lessons toward your stack:

http://dancres.github.io/Pages/

Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hello,

I want something as like the following:

http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/ebooks#9780735695658

Building Cloud Apps with Microsoft Azure
Scott Guthrie, Mark Simms, Tom Dykstra, Rick Anderson, and Mike Wasson
July 2014
198 pages

Introducing Windows Azure for IT Professionals
Mitch Tulloch with the Windows Azure Team
October 2013
142 pages

Thanks,
Giri

________________________________
  I can not help you with application design because it depends on lots of API calls with CS and public cloud. but i can give you an example.
One of the best example is Cloud brockerage tool. You can devlope application in PHP and you can use API calls to provision instances in AWS, softlayer etc for public cloud and you can use cloudstack provisioning and management for private cloud. it would work as SaaS.

 Thanks,
Tejas

Posted by Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com>.
Hello,