Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Loehr, Ruel" <rl...@pointserve.com> on 2007/10/14 22:29:14 UTC

IVY DE and use origin flag

I've modified my ant build to use the useOrigin flag when retrieving the
dependencies.   This allows me to bypass the cache when retrieving local
dependencies.  I was having an issue where my cache would not update
when I was adding new snapshots to my local repository.

IVY DE doesn't support this though.  E.g. when I generate my classpath
container it is basing it strictly off the cache.    Is there any way
around this that is maybe undocumented?

I basically use ivy to :

1)       resolve dependencies

2)       copy them to myproject/libs

The only workaround I can see is to do 1 & 2 and the create a custom ant
task to generate an ecipse path file which includes the contents of "2".

Ruel Loehr

Configuration Management

Pointserve, Inc.

110 Wild Basin Road

Suite 300

Austin, Texas 78746

O: 512.617.5314

F: 512.617.0466

RE: IVY DE and use origin flag

Posted by "Loehr, Ruel" <rl...@pointserve.com>.
I'll take a look at both.    I've never did any eclipse development
before, but am willing to give it a shot.

It's a limitation of IvyDE, not sure if there's already an open issue
for
that or no, but I'm pretty it has already been discussed. So I see a
couple
of solutions:
- develop an ant task to generate your .classpath
- patch IvyDE to support useOrigin and submit your patch for inclusion

Obviously I prefer the second solution :-)

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/