Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Tae-Geon Um <ta...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/19 04:25:21 UTC

Merge conflicts in lang/cs/ on ubuntu Jenkins

Hi all,

Previous ubuntu jenkins failed due to “FATAL: Could not checkout master with start point origin/master” error.
Geoffrey Corey (Infra team) said that it looks like tainted workspace, so suggested adding the advanced option to the git plugin to have it wipe out the workspace before building. (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-10124 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-10124>)

After adding the option, ubuntu Jenkins fails due to the merge conflicts. (https://builds.apache.org/job/Reef-pull-request-ubuntu/336/console <https://builds.apache.org/job/Reef-pull-request-ubuntu/336/console>)
I’ve been taking a look at why the conflicts occur but I’m not sure right now.

Geoffrey Corey also said that it would be because of the files committed using Windows line endings and not UNIX line endings.
Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Taegeon

Re: Merge conflicts in lang/cs/ on ubuntu Jenkins

Posted by Tae-Geon Um <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Markus!

Yes, it looks like it has been resolved by itself :)

I will keep your hunches and take a look at if the problem occurs again.

Thanks,
Taegeon

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.