Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by David MacKenzie <dj...@uu.net> on 1998/07/10 14:18:24 UTC

general/2583: Incomplete conversion from perror to ap_log_error

>Number:         2583
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Incomplete conversion from perror to ap_log_error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
In main/http_main.c there are still some calls to perror and fprintf(stderr,
in the midst of calls to ap_log_error.  For example, after getpeername
and getsockname calls.  Those error messages may never be seen, as a result,
and they don't get the benefits of the timestamp mark and log level filtering.
There are other examples in http_log.c, util.c, etc.

Currently I am trying to debug a problem with some of our servers logging
incomplete IP addresses occasionally (just one octet instead of four), so knowing what
happened with getpeername is important.
>How-To-Repeat:
egrep 'perror|stderr' src/*/*.c

>Fix:
Finish the process of converting to using ap_log_error.