Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2006/03/14 20:07:45 UTC

Felix repo build process

So, I think the mavenization of Felix has settled down...I am still
trying to get used to the changes myself.

I can't say that I am the best person to describe the current state or
to give a "how to", but I can at least give some basics to those that
want to try it out:

   1. Download and install the latest Maven 2 release.
   2. Check out or update the Felix trunk.
   3. Perform an "mvn clean install" in the trunk to clean and build
      everything.
   4. To run the newly built framework, cd into org.apache.felix.main
      and type "java -jar bin/felix.jar".
   5. If you want to create the installers, cd into
      org.apache.felix.installers and do a "mvn clean install", which
      will generate the installers in the installers/target/images/
      directory.

There is a simple build script in the trunk, called build_run.sh, that
will build and run the framework for those that want a simple way to do
all of this. That is pretty much all that I know about the build
process. :-)

I am currently working on adding new subprojects for the bundle
repository and the simple GUI shell bundles. Hopefully, I will have them
committed this week or next.

-> richard