Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Gary Baker <ga...@movielink.com> on 2003/09/30 20:43:26 UTC

Security service and caching.

Anyone know how to configure the security service to cache users, roles,
etc.

I looked in "org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager"  and
it looks like it will hit the database everytime.  Is there some other
security manager available?  Maybe it's a configuration thing?

-G

RE: Security service and caching.

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
You could quite easily subclass the DBUserManager and cache the results once
they came down.

Other options are: Get torque Managers to function, they will cache result
sets for a while