Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Philippe Van Der Gucht <ph...@uniway.be> on 2003/07/23 11:34:22 UTC

IPlanet 6 SP2 and Struts 1.1 with templates TLD

Hello,

Another unlucky one trying to get it to work on IPlanet...

I'm using the templates taglib and IPlanet throws an exception from the JSP page:

root cause: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: org.apache.struts.taglib.template.
InsertTag
         at org.apache.struts.taglib.template.PutTag.getAncestor(PutTag.java:288)
         at org.apache.struts.taglib.template.PutTag.doEndTag(PutTag.java:208)
         at _jsps._jsp._list_jsp._jspService(_list_jsp.java:103)
         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
         at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspSer
vlet.java:247)

etc.

When I look at the source the jsp compiler (_list_jsp.java) generated I see it
throws an exception on this line:

  if (_jspx_th_template_put_0.doEndTag() == Tag.SKIP_PAGE)

Anybody know the answer?

I hereby add the jsp page causing trouble:

---8<---
<%@ taglib uri='/tags/struts-template' prefix='template' %>

<template:insert template='/jsp/siteTemplate.jsp'>
   <template:put name='menu' content='/jsp/menu.jsp' />
   <template:put name='content' content='/jsp/listContent.jsp'/>
</template:insert>
---8<---

Greetings,
Philippe.

Re: IPlanet 6 SP2 and Struts 1.1 with templates TLD

Posted by Dominique de Waleffe <dd...@missioncriticalit.com>.
  >>> "Dominique" == Dominique de Waleffe <dd...@missioncriticalit.com> writes:

Philippe> You prolly already checked it but... did you define the message resources in
Philippe> struts-config.xml?

Dominique> I did... there, in web.xml, at both places to no avail.

Stupid me... file was being moved to incorrect 'classes' directory...

D.

Re: IPlanet 6 SP2 and Struts 1.1 with templates TLD

Posted by Dominique de Waleffe <dd...@missioncriticalit.com>.
  >>> "Philippe" == Philippe Van Der Gucht <ph...@uniway.be> writes:

Philippe> Dominique de Waleffe wrote:
>> I have the same problem with jdk 1.4.2, Tomcat 4.1, Struts 1.1. Tried many
>> combinations (locale=true/false, moving properties around) already to
>> no avail.  Always get ???en_US.key??? even though the check for the
>> org.struts...MESSAGE  presence succeeds.
>>
>> Any hint as to the solution welcome...

Philippe> All works fine here in Tomcat 4.0.3 with jdk 1.3.1

I'll try with an older jdk.

Posted by Philippe Van Der Gucht <ph...@uniway.be>.
Dominique de Waleffe wrote:

> I have the same problem with jdk 1.4.2, Tomcat 4.1, Struts 1.1. Tried many
> combinations (locale=true/false, moving properties around) already to
> no avail.  Always get ???en_US.key??? even though the check for the
> org.struts...MESSAGE  presence succeeds.
>
> Any hint as to the solution welcome...

All works fine here in Tomcat 4.0.3 with jdk 1.3.1

You prolly already checked it but... did you define the message resources in
struts-config.xml?

Posted by Dominique de Waleffe <dd...@missioncriticalit.com>.
  >>> "Philippe" == Philippe Van Der Gucht <ph...@uniway.be> writes:

Philippe> It would seem that the problem is classpath related.

Philippe> I can't seem to make struts find the application resources files...

Philippe> I get this when I'm trying to write a message:
Philippe> ???en_US.test???

Posted by Philippe Van Der Gucht <ph...@uniway.be>.
Philippe Van Der Gucht wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Another unlucky one trying to get it to work on IPlanet...

It would seem that the problem is classpath related.

I can't seem to make struts find the application resources files...

I get this when I'm trying to write a message:
???en_US.test???

Thanks to all who tried to help,
Philippe.