Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Tobias Knaup <to...@knaup.me> on 2014/07/18 01:00:23 UTC

Google compute engine OAuth

Hi,

I'm trying to use jclouds-labs-google to start machines on GCE. Everything
works fine if I use email + key as credentials, but I need to use OAuth.
Digging through the code it seems like there is support for that, but only
if jclouds gets the OAuth token itself. I already have the user's token so
I want to just use that.

I tried a few things that didn't work:
- add a Supplier<OAuthCredentials> with the oauth token, it complains about
the key not being in PEM format. I don't have the user's private key.
- subclass OAuthAuthenticator so it just uses the token I'm passing in. I
omitted setting .credentials() on ContextBuilder which errors

Can someone give me pointers?

Thanks!

Tobi

FW: Google compute engine OAuth

Posted by Jeremy Daggett <je...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
Speaking of which, when might we promote the jclouds-labs-google/oauth project to the main jclouds repo?  Is there anything that is preventing us from doing so?

This code could be used by other APIs going forward and any insight is appreciated!

/jd