Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Preston L. Bannister" <pr...@home.com> on 1999/11/25 17:28:18 UTC

RE: CVS question

From: Rob Nikander [mailto:rob@mindspring.com]
> I already have the source because I downloaded jakarta-tomcat and jakarta-tools from the web.
> Does that mean I really just want to do a "cvs update."

This could have worked... but it looks like whomever is creating the TAR file has a different path to CVS than you and I.

Rob:
Empty out the directory ("rm -rf *") before running the CVS checkout.  After the initial checkout you will be able to just run CVS
update.

To whomever is creating the TAR file:
If you checkout Tomcat from CVS using the public path, then what Rob tried will work.  Should cut the load on the CVS server (which
seems a tad slow for some reason) somewhat.