Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kashif Khan <up...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/17 08:46:31 UTC

Re: Add copyTo Field without re-indexing?

Please advise how we can reindex SOLR with having fields stored="false". we
can not reindex data from the beginning just want to read and write indexes
from the SOLRJ only. Please advise a solution. I know we can do it using
lucene classes using indexreader and indexwriter but want to index all
fields

Re: Add copyTo Field without re-indexing?

Posted by Michael Kuhlmann <ku...@solarier.de>.
Am 17.11.2011 08:46, schrieb Kashif Khan:
> Please advise how we can reindex SOLR with having fields stored="false". we
> can not reindex data from the beginning just want to read and write indexes
> from the SOLRJ only. Please advise a solution. I know we can do it using
> lucene classes using indexreader and indexwriter but want to index all
> fields

This is not possible. At least not when the index is modified in any way
(stemmed, lowercased, tokenized, etc.).

The original data is not saved when "stored" is false. You'll need your
original source data to reindex then.

-Kuli