Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by איליה גזמן <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/19 09:32:07 UTC

You do not give enough info for to join the community and help

I didn't found enough info in order to join you and help. I downloaded the
source code, I downloaded FlexUnit <http://flexunit.org/>, but

I don't know how to use it,
I don't know what are the tasks,
I don't know what is the priority of tasks,
I don't know who is doing what, and what is left for me to do,

And I don't know where to ask for help beyond this form, with is not 100%
technical as I understood till now..

My suggestion is improve this page
http://incubator.apache.org/flex/get-involved.html

+  Add steps to set up working environment.
    - Add system requirements
+  Add task list
    - add pending and approved requests for requests to do this task
+  Add skills requirements for each task,
    for instance: knowledge in c++ or just flex or may be html
+  Add relative sources for each task

And may be we need another channel, to discuss non technical
issues which some times may be impotent same if not more then technical.

--
Ilya Gazman
Flex/Flash/Android/C# dev

Re: You do not give enough info for to join the community and help

Posted by Remi P <rp...@gmail.com>.
The tasks are in the Jira but the Adobe Flex Jira has not been imported...
so we cannot put duplicate tasks... when our Jira will be completed and
really usable?

Remi

Posted by Remi P <rp...@gmail.com>.
Very useful, many thanks!

Remi

Posted by Doug Arthur <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Remi P <rp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Currently a clean build downloads the wrong version of playerglobal.swc (file for 11.2 is even though the build script asks for 11.0). [1]

This may or may not cause issues but probably safer to compile with a 11.1 playerglobal.swc.

Thanks,
Justin

1 http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/updaters/11/playerglobal11_0.swc

Re: You do not give enough info for to join the community and help

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 4/19/12 6 :22AM, "Reynolds, Brian J (Brian)" <re...@avaya.com> wrote:

>It is a bit tricky right now.  What is not obvious is that there is a
>README.txt in the root of the source code and this the starting point for

The build instructions can be found at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/trunk/README

They are terse and will be improved over time once the build process has
settled out.  The main gotcha right now seems to be not installing
ant-contrib correctly.

Re: You do not give enough info for to join the community and help

Posted by "Reynolds, Brian J (Brian)" <re...@avaya.com>.
It is a bit tricky right now.  What is not obvious is that there is a
README.txt in the root of the source code and this the starting point for
getting the source code to compile.  The instructions are complete, but a
bit terse, which is something that is being worked on.  Another source of
information is the Adobe website which does have some documentation on the
structure and content of the source code.

I agree with your suggestion on improving the wiki and one thing you can
do to help is to keep a journal of your findings so others can learn from
your experience.

Please watch the mailing lists for announcements on improvements to the
"getting started" section and happy trailblazing!

Brian

Posted by Martin Heidegger <mh...@leichtgewicht.at>.