Posted to users@camel.apache.org by bgoetzmann <bg...@sophia.symag.com> on 2009/12/04 09:37:15 UTC

Testing Camel with a Groovy script

Hello,

I would liket just point out this article on Groovy and Camel:
http://groovy.dzone.com/articles/groovy-ride-camel

What is very interesting with Groovy and its GRAPE system is that you can
easily test Camel with a simple Groovy script even used in the Groovy
console!
Perhaps, this can be useful for some introduction to Camel in the coming
book "Camel in action"!!

Cheers,

Bertrand.

Re: Testing Camel with a Groovy script

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 9:37 AM, bgoetzmann <bg...@sophia.symag.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would liket just point out this article on Groovy and Camel:
> http://groovy.dzone.com/articles/groovy-ride-camel
>
> What is very interesting with Groovy and its GRAPE system is that you can
> easily test Camel with a simple Groovy script even used in the Groovy
> console!
> Perhaps, this can be useful for some introduction to Camel in the coming
> book "Camel in action"!!

Yeah its a great article and nice that you can have all in a single
file and dont need to battle with maven poms.
However for some people getting groovy installed and ready to use is
also a challenge.

For the book we have though of a section about alternative languages
such as Scala, Groovy, Ruby etc. to use with Camel.
But there is just so many things to talk about with Camel that we have
to make a decision what to include.

Feedback and ideas what you want in the book is welcome and preferred
to be discussed at the book forum
http://www.manning-sandbox.com/forum.jspa?forumID=601

> Cheers,
>
> Bertrand.