Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Roman D <do...@apollo.lv> on 2004/11/09 16:05:01 UTC

Can't run WCK example application

Hi,

I am trying to run example WCK servlet for 3 days with no luck.
As far as I can understand from
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-slide/WebDavConstructionKit
WCK has *org.apache.slide.simple.reference.WebdavFileStore* which is not
a servlet.
It supposed to be used through Slide.
Domain.xml configures Slide to use whatever storage you like, or
something like that.
Now, as I understand, I need to run Slide servlet
*org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet* and use Domain.xml with
*<parameter
name="callback-store">org.apache.slide.store.simple.WebdavFileStore</parameter>
*So I put *Domain.xml* in *WEB-INF/classes*.
Then add *slide-webdavservlet-2.2pre1.ja*r into *WEB-INF/lib*
Then add following to web.xml;
  *<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet</servlet-name>*
Tomcat 5.0 says:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Servlet mapping specifies an unknown
servlet name org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet

What do I do wrong? Do I understand slide/wck relationship correctly?

Thanks!

Re: Can't run WCK example application

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
OK, I really took the time, created a store that simply extends the
reference store and tried it and it worked. Only thing in Domain.xml I
have changed is the namespace as I had problems with yours and the
name of the call back store. I will attach both the Domain.xml and the
class.

Oliver

Posted by Brian Lee <bl...@macys.com>.

versionControlMethod fails in Oracle 10g...

Posted by Nick Longinow <ni...@vanhooseassociates.com>.
Hi

Using an Oracle store (10g db, ojdbc4.jar), I can successfully create nodes,
set acl, and put large documents (without having to use compress).
I am getting an error from Oracle though, on versionControlMethod.
Any ideas at all ?

org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.StandardRDBMSAdapter -
ERROR - SQL error 17002 on /history/1: Io exception: No more data to
read from socket
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: No more data to read from socket

Nick

Re: Can't run WCK example application

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Lee <bl...@macys.com>.

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Lee <bl...@macys.com>.

Posted by Roman D <do...@apollo.lv>.
I thought I am asking pretty specific questions.
I just need to create servlet that will serve Webdav requests.

- Do I have to use org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet with Domain.xml
to make it use WCK?

It looks like Slide and WCK is bit too academic, can someone with no
experience in Slide and Webdav build application easily?
I thought WCK is simple way to do that. Even package called
"org.apache.slide.simple". But it's not quite "Simple". It require you
to be very familiar with Slide itself in order to understand how to
build your application using WCK.
Maybe it need some more real-world example of working application.

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roman,

Oracle store - anyone using specific schema ?

Posted by Nick Longinow <ni...@vanhooseassociates.com>.
The oracleschema.sql file will create the tables under the SYSTEM schema, by
default.  If I modify the script to create them under a schema, the sql in
CommonRDBMSAdapter.java will no longer be able to find the tables.
Has anyone attempted to use a specific schema instead of the default SYSTEM
schema ?
Nick