Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Marc Marc <ma...@mail.be> on 2012/04/21 12:13:43 UTC

Java Maps and non-SQL database

Hello,

I want to develop an application-interpreter. The interpreter runs an application model consisting of entity-relationships and fairly easy business. My idea is to use Wicket using Java maps as underlying model and to use a non-SQL database to make the Java maps persistent. This way I try to omit to have to compile the application model towards Java POJO’s and towards SQL tables. So I would appreciate your insight on the following 2 questions:
1)Are there already existing implementations of the combination wicket – Java map – non-SQL database?
2) On wiki side, what is the best way to having Java maps as model (instead of POJOs). Should I develop my own subclasses of IModel (see also thread demand for maps)

Thanks for your insights,
Marc-----------------------------------------------------Mail.be, WebMail and Virtual Officehttp://www.mail.be

Re: Java Maps and non-SQL database

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Marc,

The closest implementation I'm aware of is : new PropertyModel(this,
"aJavaMap[someKey]")
I.e. in *this* class there is a member field named "aJavaMap".
See the javadoc of org.apache.wicket.core.util.lang.PropertyResolver

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend