Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Roger and Beth Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com> on 2010/10/05 18:32:51 UTC

Prompt sizing between 1.5.2 and 2.0

Hi,

                 I'm seeing what looks like a small problem with sizing
of a Prompt when given a body in 2.0 as opposed to 1.5.2.  Here is the
source of the body:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<TablePane xmlns:wtkx="http://pivot.apache.org/wtkx"

        xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk">

<columns>

<TablePane.Column width="1*"/>

</columns>

<rows>

<TablePane.Row height="-1">

<Label wtkx:id="aboutVersionLabel" text="%aboutVersionLabel"
styles="{font:{italic:true, bold:true, size:11}}"/>

</TablePane.Row>

<TablePane.Row height="-1">

<Label text="%copyright" styles="{font:{size:11}}"/>

</TablePane.Row>

<TablePane.Row height="24">

<Separator styles="{padding:{top:8,bottom:8}}"/>

</TablePane.Row>

<TablePane.Row height="-1">

<Label text="Built on $(__DATE__) at $(__TIME__)" styles="{font:{size:9}}"/>

</TablePane.Row>

<TablePane.Row height="-1">

<Label text="Java version $(__JAVA_VERSION__)" styles="{font:{size:9}}"/>

</TablePane.Row>

</rows>

</TablePane>

The code to display it looks like this:

        @Override

        public void aboutRequested() {

               Component body = (Component)readObject("about", this);

aboutVersionLabel.setText(String.format(aboutVersionLabel.getText(),
APP_VERSION));

               Prompt.prompt(MessageType.INFO,
(String)resources.get("mainAppTitle"), body, mainWindow);

        }

Here is what it looks like under 1.5.2 -- very nice looking (IMO),
although I don't know why it has what looks like unwarranted extra width
on the right, based on the content.

But, in 2.0 (head revs built the other day), it is sized just a little
bit too narrow so that the last character gets chopped off.  And even
though there is the sizing widget in the lower right, these just seems
cheesy to me that it couldn't get sized correctly to begin with.  Or am
I wrong?  Is there something else I should be doing to get the size right?

Thanks!

*Roger Whitcomb*

Architect, Engineering

*Ingres Corporation***

roger.whitcomb@ingres.com <ma...@ingres.com>

*PHONE* +1 650.587.5596

*FAX* +1 650.587.5550

*www.ingres.com* <http://www.ingres.com/>

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
recipient named above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
delete the original transmission and all copies from your system.

RE: Prompt sizing between 1.5.2 and 2.0

Posted by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@ingres.com>.
Got it.  Thanks!

Roger Whitcomb | Architect, Engineering | Roger.Whitcomb@ingres.com|
Ingres | 500 Arguello Street | Suite 200 | Redwood City | CA | 94063 |
USA
<http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=500+Arguello+Street+%7C
+Suite+200+%7C+Redwood+City+%7C+CA+%7C+94063+%7C+USA+&sll=37.0625,-95.67
7068&sspn=50.557552,73.037109&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr>  | +1
650-587-5596 | fax: +1 650-587-5550

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.