Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by venkata <vm...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/13 14:25:33 UTC

maximum number of simultaneous threads

I am seeing the following in solrconfig.xml

It is possible to specific max number of threads for query time too?

Re: maximum number of simultaneous threads

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Venkata,

Solr is a neat webapp. It doesn't spins threads (almost). It's spin in
servlet container threads. You need to configure tomcat/jetty.

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com> wrote:

> venkata,
>
> If you are after search scaling, then the webapp server (like tomcat, jetty
> etc) handles allocation of threads per client connection (maxThreads for
> jetty for instance). Inside one client request SOLR uses threads for
> various tasks, but I don't have any exact figures (not sure if wiki has
> them either).
>
> Dmitry
>

> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 7:22 PM, venkata <vm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > I am seeing  configuration point for indexing threads.
> >
> > However I am not finding anything for search.   How many simultaneous
> > threads, SOLR can spin during search time?
> >

> > --

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
Principal Engineer,
Grid Dynamics

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
 <mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: maximum number of simultaneous threads

Posted by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com>.
venkata,

Posted by venkata <vm...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com>.
venkata,

only blank lines between "..in solrconfig.xml" and "Is it possible.." have
arrived.