Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Erik Earle <er...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/27 17:20:35 UTC

[JXPath] Condition Not working as Expected

I have a Movie bean that has a property:

public Movie {
  List getGenres();
}

if I have an ArrayList of Movies and I execute an
XPath:

  xPathContext.getValue("/.");

I get back the ArrayList of movies as expected.
However, if I add a condition (to try and filter the
list) I only get the first Movie object matching the
list, some thing like:

  xPathContext.getValue("/.[genre = 'Comedy']");

I know the first thing you'll say is, "use iterate",
but I cant.  I need the filtered List for what I am
doing.