Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Luca Biolcati <lb...@odx.it> on 2003/03/26 10:54:18 UTC

[JXpath] boolean value

Hello,
I don't understand how JXPath evaluates boolean values. It seems it converts them in integer values, instead of treating them as boolean. I used a Map as context:

==============================
Map myMap = new HashMap();

myMap.put("BVALUE", Boolean.FALSE);

JXPathContext ctx = JXPathContext.newContext(myMap);

String exp = "not(BVALUE)";

System.out.println("["+exp+"]: "+ctx.getValue(exp));

end the output is:

[not(BVALUE)]: false

if I use an expression like BVALUE=0 it works fine. But for what I know about xpath syntax, expressions like BVALUE=false or not(BVALUE) should produce the same result, am I wrong?

Re: [JXpath] boolean value

Posted by Dmitri Plotnikov <dm...@apache.org>.
I know, it is a little bizarre, but I think JXPath does what the spec is
telling it to do.