Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bernd Mau <ma...@hhla.de> on 2005/11/07 14:07:53 UTC

optional project dependencies for eclipse workspace

Hi,

assuming the following scenario:

Module B depends on module A. You are using elcipse and you have to
implement a new function for module B. Both modules belong to a huge
project and until now you're quite happy that you only needed to check
module B.

During your work you find out that you have to make some changes in
module A as well. Fine, you can check out module A, make the changes to
fullfill the requirements of module B and finally you will call 'mvn
install' to make the changes available for module B.

Likely you have to repeat the last two steps several times and you may
wish to have project dependencies rather than binary dependencies.
Still, you don't want to check out and import the huge project.

At this point I would like to tell the eclipse plugin to search for
dependencies of module B in my eclipse workspace. If there are any
matching modules, here module A, please refer to the eclipse project of
module A.

This may look like this:
mvn eclipse:eclipse -Declipse.workspace=true

Bernd