Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com> on 2012/12/18 23:18:11 UTC

Licenses & Headers

One of the PPMC's primary responsibilities is to make sure that the
project remains in compliance with the legal & foundation policies.  A
key aspect of this is ensuring all files in SVN have the appropriate
license headers and that all source distributions have LICENSE, NOTICE
& DISCLAIMER files as appropriate.  Since SVN is considered a form of
distribution, we need to make sure we have the appropriate files there
as well.

I will create JIRA issues for adding & updating the current files; but
as you start to add new code, dependencies, etc.,  please ensure that
the files are correctly marked.

Re: Licenses & Headers

Posted by Andrew Hart <ah...@apache.org>.

Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org> wrote:

>One thing to consider it to make sure we run the RAT plugin when doing
>Jenkins builds.  That way the build will fail if people check in files
>without the right headers the build will fail.

+1 to automating verification. Good idea!

-Andrew.

--
Andrew Hart
http://people.apache.org/~ahart

Re: Licenses & Headers

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012, Ryan Baxter wrote:

> One thing to consider it to make sure we run the RAT plugin when doing
> Jenkins builds.  That way the build will fail if people check in files
> without the right headers the build will fail.

+1.  We also need a Jenkins project setup.

Re: Licenses & Headers

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Re: Licenses & Headers

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org>.