Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by adnanqureshi <ad...@hotmail.com> on 2009/09/23 04:42:33 UTC

How to configure Solr 1.3 on Websphere 6.1

Hi all,

Solr 1.3
Websphere 6.1

I have been looking for some documentation on how to configure Solr on
Websphere but no luck yet.
Can some one suggest me some document which can give me the overview on how
to get started with Solr on Websphere and how to integrate it with websites
(Java/JSP).

I have been trying to deploy Solr on websphere but no luck yet.
I was trying to deploy the war file under "dist" folder, but I kept getting
errors. (recent one is that it couldn't find the configuration file). When I
deploy this war file, it only creates an admin folder root index file and
web-inf folder. it doesn't have any configuration file in it.

My understanding is that war file under dist folder is for Solr Server.
Also, what I'll need to integrate my website with Solr Search.

The biggest challenge for me is that I don't have much experience with
Websphere.

Re: How to configure Solr 1.3 on Websphere 6.1

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I have been trying to deploy Solr on websphere but no luck yet.
: I was trying to deploy the war file under "dist" folder, but I kept getting
: errors. (recent one is that it couldn't find the configuration file). When I

Did you start by going through the tutorial using the instance of jetty
included in the release?

your error was most likelye related to the solrconfig.xml and
schema.xml files -- which are not included in the war.  they are specific
to *your* use cases, not part of the app.  examples are provided, and the
tutorial shows you where to find them and how to use them.

try the tutorial, get up to speed using jettty, check out the wiki,
and then you'll probably find it much easier to make sense of running solr
in various servlet containers...

	http://lucene.apache.org/solr/tutorial.html
	http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrInstall

-Hoss