Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ben Galbraith <bg...@amirsys.com> on 2003/06/20 17:28:50 UTC

Font embedding bug?

I'm using FOP to generate a PDF.  While the PDF displays fine in Adobe
Acrobat, I've learned from the iText developers that the font stream in
the PDF indicates a length that is less than the actual stream length.
Acrobat fixes this problem, but other programs (iText, Ghostscript, Big
Faceless PDF) are not able to process the PDF.

Is this a bug the FOP'ers are aware of?  How do I go about fixing this
problem?  Here's a link to the PDF in question:

	http://www.galbraiths.org/itext/source1.pdf

I'm happy to provide any additional details (Adobe font file
information, FOP config file, XSL-FO file, etc.) if required to diagnose
the problem.

Thanks for any help!

Ben

Re: Font embedding bug?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Yup, because the behaviour of the redesign/HEAD was already correct.

On 20.06.2003 20:03:15 Clay Leeds wrote:
> On 6/20/2003 10:59 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Yes, I've fixed the bug in CVS today.
> > Jeremias Maerki
>
> I would assume that fix is in the 0.20.5 branch/version/thingamajig.
> Would that be a correct assumption? ;-p

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Font embedding bug?

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.

--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com

Re: Font embedding bug?

Posted by Ben Galbraith <bg...@amirsys.com>.
Man, you guys are TOPS!  Thanks!

Ben

Re: Font embedding bug?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Yes, I've fixed the bug in CVS today.

On 20.06.2003 17:28:50 Ben Galbraith wrote:
> I'm using FOP to generate a PDF.  While the PDF displays fine in Adobe
> Acrobat, I've learned from the iText developers that the font stream in
> the PDF indicates a length that is less than the actual stream length.
> Acrobat fixes this problem, but other programs (iText, Ghostscript, Big
> Faceless PDF) are not able to process the PDF.
>
> Is this a bug the FOP'ers are aware of?  How do I go about fixing this
> problem?  Here's a link to the PDF in question:
>
> 	http://www.galbraiths.org/itext/source1.pdf
>
> I'm happy to provide any additional details (Adobe font file
> information, FOP config file, XSL-FO file, etc.) if required to diagnose
> the problem.

Jeremias Maerki