Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Mingfai Ma <mi...@hongkong.com> on 2003/05/01 07:00:22 UTC

RE: some newbie questions

hi Gregor,

Thank you for your information.

It seems the windows installation note is still not online yet. It seems
it's written already but not published. Is the document available in the
cvs? could you point me to the directory?

I wonder what are the difference for running Lenya on windows and linux. My
"installation" works fine without significant error but many functions are
not work. The large number of problems make me feel they're caused by some
missing steps in the installation procedure for windows.

Regards,
mingfai

Re: some newbie questions

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Scherler wrote:

>>> 3. database port problem
>>> Server.run/init: java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
>>> JVM_Bind
>>> java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
>>> <<
>>>
>>> i have that too, it never had any side effects as far as i could tell
>>> so i left it.
>>>

> That is hsql!
>
> Just change the port in webinf/cocoon.xconf / or wed.xml!

In case your building Lenya from CVS, then it's best if you set the HSQL
port within
the file "build.properties" (plz compare build.properties.sample)

The default HSQL port is 9002.

btw, you can check TCP/IP ports very easily with the command

netstat -nt -l

at least on Linux/UNIX

HTH

Michael

Re: some newbie questions

Posted by Scherler <th...@wyona.org>.
>>3. database port problem
>>Server.run/init: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
>>java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
>><<
>>
>>i have that too, it never had any side effects as far as i could tell
>>so i left it.

That is hsql!

Just change the port in webinf/cocoon.xconf / or wed.xml!

You have to do it for every cocoon app! ...or you decide that one is
enough and uncomment the line.
--
King regards
</Thorsten>