Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Peter Reid <Pe...@telecom.co.nz> on 2009/10/28 05:13:16 UTC

Oracle Stored Procedure output parameters

Hi,

I am having difficulty calling an Oracle stored procedure to populate User Defined Variables from the output parameters

The configuration is

Callable Statement:
call messaging_intf.get_message (?,'Y',?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

Parameter Values:
${STREAM},${SESSION_CTX},${MESSAGE_FOUND},${TRANSACTION_ID},${APPLICATION},${CUSTOMER},${CORRELATION_ID},${MESSAGE_ID},${USER},${LOB},${TIMESTAMP},${MESSAGE_PAYLOAD},${DEPENDENCY_CHECK_KEY},${SEQUENCE_NUMBER},${MESSAGE_KEY},${SESSION_CTX}

Parameter Types:
VARCHAR,VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT INTEGER,OUT INTEGER,OUT VARCHAR

Variable Names:
I understand this field is only for select type queries and have left it blank

The call against the database is successful and I can see the output parameter values in a Simple Data Writer log.

However, I have used a Debug Sampler to show the User Defined Variables are not set

<sample rc="200" rm="OK">
  <responseData class="java.lang.String">-1 updates.
Output variables by position:
[3] Y
[4]
[5] Jmeter
[6] 1
[7]
[8]
[9] 1
[10] Chorus
[11]
[12] &lt;updateProblemByValue&gt;test&lt;/updateProblemByValue&gt;
[13]
[14]
[15] 5
[16] 11
</responseData>
  <samplerData class="java.lang.String">[Callable Statement] call messaging_intf.get_message (?,&apos;Y&apos;,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

B2B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
VARCHAR,VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT VARCHAR,OUT
VARCHAR,OUT INTEGER,OUT INTEGER,OUT VARCHAR</samplerData>
</sample>
<sample rc="" rm="">
  <responseData class="java.lang.String">JMeterVariables:
APPLICATION=
CORRELATION_ID=
CUSTOMER=
DEPENDENCY_CHECK_KEY=
JMeterThread.last_sample_ok=true
JMeterThread.pack=org.apache.jmeter.threads.SamplePackage@f1c2e0
LOB=
MESSAGE_FOUND=
MESSAGE_ID=
MESSAGE_KEY=
MESSAGE_PAYLOAD=
SEQUENCE_NUMBER=
SESSION_CTX=
START.HMS=162436
START.MS=1256700276212
START.YMD=20091028
STREAM=B2B
TESTSTART.MS=1256701885040
TIMESTAMP=
TRANSACTION_ID=
USER=
persistor=org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jdbc.config.DataSourceElement$DataSourceComponentImpl@31172d

</responseData>
  <samplerData class="java.lang.String">JMeterVariables

Is what I am trying to do possible?

I am using
	JMeter 2.3.4 r785646
	Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bi

Regards
Peter

Re: Oracle Stored Procedure output parameters

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
I dont think it will work . Only the values returned in a ResultSet are
returned into variable names as far as I know. I dont see any way you could
do this other than writing a BSH postprocessor that reads the SampleResult
and parses the response string

regards
deepak

RE: TestBean Plugin Sample

Posted by Ghania Ferrag <gh...@vantrix.com>.
Maybe it could be that, I'll try later to add another property that will have one digit in name and retest. I'll post after the result of that.

Thanks again for your response,
Regards,

Ghania

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

RE: TestBean Plugin Sample

RE: TestBean Plugin Sample

Re: TestBean Plugin Sample

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

TestBean Plugin Sample

Posted by Peter Reid <Pe...@telecom.co.nz>.
I tried that and there are no variables created or populated

Regards

Peter Reid
Integration Services Consultant
Telecom Solutions Centre
Integration Services Catalogue

>  I am having difficulty calling an Oracle stored procedure to populate User Defined Variables from the output parameters
>
>  The configuration is
<...>

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 28/10/2009, Peter Reid <Pe...@telecom.co.nz> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I am having difficulty calling an Oracle stored procedure to populate User Defined Variables from the output parameters
>
>  The configuration is
<...>