Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Raúl Wild-Spain <rc...@wild-spain.com> on 2002/08/22 10:36:19 UTC

Q: resin & cocoon crashes continously!!!

Hi! I've installed latest Resin and Cocoon with java 1.4 and crashes at
all!!. Previously I had detected some explicit cases (SVG and catalog-demo)
but definitively my installation doesn't work properly.

I've followed the installation instructions for cocoon and java 1.4 and
Resin and as strange way when I copy xerces*.jar and xalan*.jar to the
/usr/local/java*/jre/lib/endorsed and try to initialize resin then it
crashes and says me (at the boot process):

- Server died unexpectedly.

Still more stranger: if I remove xerces and xalan from /lib/endorsed then my
resin work properly and I can launch some applications-example of  Cocoon
(the rest of examples launch java exceptions, but this is another way)

In the first case Into the log files I can see lines like these:

-- stderr.log ---

[2002-08-20 13:01:28.733] initializing application http://localhost:8080/cmp
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/java/logicsheet-util.xsl
(No such file or directory)

[2002-08-21 15:51:39.419] initializing application http://localhost:8080/cmp
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

[2002-08-21 17:02:42.433] initializing application http://localhost:8080/cmp
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/java/xscript-lib.xsl (No
such file or directory)

-- err.log --

[2002/08/16 15:35:26] java.io.FileNotFoundException: default.xsl
java.io.FileNotFoundException: default.xsl

extra data: In my Resin the HOME_RESIN AND SERVER_RESIN are not equal but
it's indicated into the resin.sh boot file (into the init.d). My OS is a
linux Debian.

What says your experience? I don't know what to do!!!

Best regards,

Raúl
rcruz@wild-spain.com

Re: Q: resin & cocoon crashes continously!!!

Posted by Raúl Wild-Spain <rc...@wild-spain.com>.
Ok! Vadim. I've modified resin.conf as you indicates and copied xerces* and
xalan* again from /usr/local/resin ... tools/lib/* to
/usr/local/java.../jre/lib/endorsed.

Now the server don't crash at boot process and resin and cocoon seems work
right! ... it seems ... ;-))

thank's a lot Vadim.

question about:  Don't follow the JDK spec but Servlet spec implies any
problem with my JDK 1.4? I will have surely more troubles with Java ?

regards,

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Raúl Wild-Spain wrote:

>it don't, Vadim. It's false!